Tuesday, April 16, 2013

 

Wishing each day to be over wasn't how I pictured my senior year. I try to take each day as it comes but most days I'm just wishing it was over so I could curl in bed and go to sleep because that's the only time I'm not in pain. I can't even concentrate as I type this because I feel so awful. How am I supposed to get off pain killers when this is how I feel when I am taking them. Olivia my 16 year old sister also has to have surgery, so that is 3 of us that need surgery. Can you blame me if I am a little skeptical for them to have surgery after what I went through? I was told my pain would be reduced by 90% and I have had NONE if anything my neck has gotten worse. Just a slight reduction in my pain would be amazing. Someone at my church asked how I was and I replied good, not that I am. He asked if I still had headaches and I answered everyday. He told me that he doesn't know how I look so happy all the time when I'm in so much pain. I don't know how much longer I can fake the smile, because I definitely don't feel like it. I just hope and pray that the trials my family are facing will pull us together and not pull us apart.

Don't give up.

2 comments:

  1. As your mom this is heartbreaking. Read your quote and don't give up, its NEVER been in your vocabulary. As for our family-yes we have trials-yes it will make us stronger and closer and united. Remember strength in numbers and we have large numbers.

    Here is our family motto:

    Whatever tomorrow brings, together we will rise and sing.
    We will trust in You, we will not be moved.
    Whatever will come our way, we will not be shaken.
    WE WILL TRUST IN YOU.
    song lyrics from Building 4:29

    My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him.
    He alone is my rock and salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
    Psalm 62: 1-2

    Rest assured God is backstage making beautiful plans for you and our family. He asks that we trust Him, have faith in Him and wait for Him.
    Faith in God includes faith in His timing.

    All my love and pride to you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete